Smarthinking tutors focus on the unique needs of each student. Tutors and students work together on Smarthinking's interactive whiteboard in an encouraging and collaborative learning environment. After using Smarthinking, students usually earn higher grades, pass their classes and continue their studies.
Many instructors consider Smarthinking as their "virtual teaching assistant" by offering academic support when they can't --- after school, at night or on the weekend. Online student tutoring is available in numerous subjects via the Smarthinking service.
Live, on-demand tutoring sessions are available on the following subjects per scheduled hours of service in each time zone.
- Bilingual Math
- Introductory Anatomy & Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Computers & Technology
With Smarthinking you can:
- Access a live, personal session with a tutor in Drop-in Tutoring.
- Schedule a personal session with a tutor of your choice in Scheduled Tutoring.
- Submit your writing for any class to our Writing Center.
- Send a question to a tutor through Offline Questions.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Access your course by logging in at: https://gotoclass.tnecampus.org.
- Select the Smarthinking link in the right-hand menu shown under Course Resources.
- Review the Support+ link on the Smarthinking home page. This section will provide access to tutorials, a knowledge base, and even technical support in the use of various Smarthinking features. Or, you can download the Smarthinking Student Tips Guide for quick reference.
Minimum Technology Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac (10.4+)
- Browser: Internet Explorer version 8 and above, Firefox 3.0+, Google Chrome, Safari
- Internet Connection: Minimum 256 kbps or above
- Outbound Port to be opened: 80 (HTTP), 443 (HTTPS/XMPP)
- Memory: At least 256 MB RAM and a Pentium 3 or faster processor
- Cookies: Allow
- Flash Player: Flash Version 9.0.28 or higher
- Collaboration port 443: Open
- Popups: Allow
Visit the Smarthinking website for sample tutorials that demonstrate how the online tutoring platform works, and how you and tutors interact in the process of addressing a question. Click on the tutorial you would like to review and an online viewing window will appear.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips
- Enable ActiveX if you are running Internet Explorer.
- Allow all popups for smarthinking.com.