Available Beginning Spring 2017!
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Fire Science is designed to address the educational needs of Tennesseans who desire to enter or advance their career within the field of fire science. The program offers both flexibility for those with prior experience and training while providing a clear path for those who are new to the field of study. It was designed to incorporate the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) core courses and therefore, meets current, accepted standards of practice within the field of study.
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethics, and the ability to interact with others during academic studies and identify how the skills may be transferred to fire science occupations.
- Apply foundational fire science knowledge to “real world” scenarios and describe how the knowledge and skills can be applied to fire science related occupations.
- Identify “real world” scenarios in preparation for advancement in fire science related occupations through the application of prevention, response, and risk management knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills in the academic setting and identify how the skills can be transferred to fire science occupations.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply problem-solving techniques or methods in a variety of settings to make informed decisions.
The Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science degree can be obtained online at the community colleges shown below. Select a community college from the list to find out more about the degree program. Upon completion, your degree will be awarded and conferred by the institution you select as your home school. There is no differentiation between earning your degree on-ground or online.