The Associate of Applied Science degree in Computer Information Technology with a concentration in Programming prepares students for positions in the workplace through the use of various systems, applications, languages and products. The program consists of a common core of General Education and Computer Information Technology major core courses, combined with subject-specific courses designed to address skills within the concentration area.
The subject-specific courses focus on those skillsets identified by employers as essential in today’s workplace and, where appropriate, will prepare students for industry-recognized certification examinations. The concentrations are designed to ensure that students have the proper experience, training, and skills to begin work in the chosen field upon successful completion of the chosen program of study.
1. Utilize diverse disciplines to enhance communication, research, business and technology skills in the workplace.
2. Execute programming languages in the process of design and implementation while developing and maintaining software.
3. Develop effective problem-management and decision-making skills.
4. Demonstrate various networking media and connections to explain the features and capabilities of networking software.
5. Demonstrate skill and knowledge in preparation for industry-recognized certification examinations.
The Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Technology with a concentration in Programming can be obtained online through the community colleges listed below. Select a community college from the list below to find out more about the degree program. Upon completion, your degree will be awarded and conferred by the institution you select as your home school. There is no differentiation between earning your degree on-ground or online.